Thursday, December 31, 2015

The Average Man/Woman Challenge: Deadlift/Squat/MIle

I have been reading through Alex Viada excellent book "The Hybrid Athlete."  One of the challenges laid out by a Crossfit Gym in North Carolina was the ability to match your deadlift and your mile time.  So if you deadlift 500b you must run the mile in 5 min.

Women have a formula that I haven't been able to find.

This is a remarkable challenge.  I don't see myself ever training enough to do this.  As an ex sprinter, mile work seems NOT FUN.  One of my goals is better aerobic capacity, so I've been thinking more and more about this and investing some time in the ability to go from couch to mile in lets say 7:30.

I'm proposing the average man challenge.  I'm going to add my Deadlift and Squat to meet my Mile time .  So if you deadlift 400, Squat 300, you must run a 7 min mile.  I'm hoping this should give me enough training incentive to invest in squatting again and work at my running.

I'm not looking for this to take away from my primary goals, I just think it would be a fun little challenge  to work towards this winter.  If anyone has tried something like this let me know!

Hope you have a tremendous start to the New Years!

No comments: